Choosing the right school for your child is an important decision. We want to help you ensure that you find the “right fit”. Before applying, please feel free to contact us to obtain further information, learn about upcoming events, book a tour of the school, or to schedule a meeting.
Key Dates for the 2018/2019 Enrollment Period
Re-enrollment packages for 2018/2019 were sent home on Tuesday, February 6th and parents have until March 8th to indicate whether they plan to re-enroll their children. A $500 deposit is required to hold their seat in their class.
Saturday, April 7th – Discover Pre-Primary
If you are unable to attend one of our Pre-Primary events, contact Ms. Leah Noonan the head of our Pre-Primary program to schedule a meeting or class visit email@example.com.
Primary – Grade 12
Saturday, April 7th – Discover Primary
If you would like to arrange a private tour with our Academic Director, Margot Louise, or schedule a classroom visit for a student please contact us to make arrangements.
Pre-Primary, Primary and Grade One
Tuesday, Feb 13th – Pre-Primary, Primary and Grade One: Parent Information Night
There are no information nights specific to Grades 2- 5. We invite you to contact us to obtain further information and to book a tour or schedule a meeting.
Middle School (Grades 6-8)
Tuesday, February 13th – Grade 5 Move-Up day (for existing students only)
Tuesday, Feb 20th – Middle School Parent Information Night
Wednesday, Feb 21st – School Visit Day for students entering Grades 6-8 in 2018/2019
Upper School (Grades 9-12)
Tuesday, Feb 13th – School Visit Day for students entering Grades 9-12 in 2018/2019
Tuesday, Feb 20th – Upper School Parent Information Night
2018/2019 Admissions PRocess
- Initial Contact Please feel free to contact us with your initial questions and to obtain information about our programs. We encourage parents to attend Information Nights to view our classroom environment, learn more about our school, meet with faculty and existing parents. If you are unable to attend one of these events we can arrange a meeting or tour.
- Initiate Application Process Once you have decided that Shambhala School is a good fit for your family, download the applicable application and recommendation forms.
- Application Complete and submit the Application Form and supporting documents to Academic Director, Margot Louise at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications forms for Pre-Primary and Primary enrollment should be accompanied with a Student Recommendation Form
- Application forms for Grade 1 through to Grade 12 enrollment should be accompanied by Report Cards for the current year and one previous year.
- Application Fee After our initial review of each application, if we can accommodate and support your child, we will ask you to submit the $100 non-refundable application fee and the completed Teacher Recommendation Form.
- Classroom Visit Your child is invited to visit the classroom or meet the teacher(s) for an informal assessment. Students in Grades 1 -12 usually join the class for the full day. Pre-Primary and Primary classroom visits are shorter. Within a week of the classroom visit, the classroom teacher(s) will make a recommendation for acceptance or non-acceptance.
- Notification We will notify you of acceptance or non-acceptance.
- Deposit and Registration A non-refundable deposit of $500 will be required within two weeks of acceptance to hold the child’s place in class. This amount is non-refundable it the child does not enroll. Upon registration this deposit will be applied towards the Commencement Fee.